While the holonet has been full of Star Wars Episode VIII leaks, things have been suspiciously quiet regarding Rogue One.
Stormtrooper Larry is happy to change that today with this massive data dump — the
Death Star battle plans full intel on Rogue One!
The intel comes from Edelweiss, a digital catalog used by booksellers and publishers. Someone, (an intrepid Bothan spy), uploaded the scanned content from an upcoming coffeetable book called Rogue One: The Official Visual Story Guide.
Not only does it include the full names of Jyn Erso’s rogue crew, it gives us the name of Ben Mendelssohn’s cloak-clad villain, as well as info on the Death Troopers, two new starfighters, and the predecessor of the AT-ACT.
For what it’s worth, the scans are marked not final. So proceed at your own risk. And as always, SPOILERS AHEAD!
The rogue band of resistance fighters
- Jyn Erso
- Rebel Alliance Captain Cassian Andor
- Rebel footsoldier Bodhi
- Freelance assassin Baze
- The “spiritual warrior” Chirrut
- The aliens Pao and Bistan
- K-2S0, an Enforcer droid designed by the Empire but now under Rebel service
2. Their Imperial foes
- Ben Mendelssohn’s fancy-cloaked character is named Director Krennic
- The black-clad troopers are confirmed to be Death Troopers, not Shadow Troopers
- Notice how the text repeats itself, possibly as filler for the actual content to follow
3. Two new starfighters
- The U-Wing is a four-engined Rebel Alliance ship equipped with two laser cannons and two forward-facing S-foils that give it its name
- The TIE Striker sports high-speed wings that enable it to reach speeds of 1,500kph (the normal TIE fighter has a maximum atmospheric speed of 1,200kph according to Wookieepedia).
4. The AT-AT’s predecessor
- We noticed how the AT-ATs in the trailer differed from their ESB cousins. Pablo Hidalgo confirmed that they are “not technically AT-ATs”. That’s because they are AT-ACTs! Could they be All-Terrain Armored Combat Transports?
- While we don’t have photos, the text also confirms the existence of AT-DPs (All Terrain Defence Pods), which are two-legged, two-man platforms used for patrol and scouting missions.
5. The new droid
- Look sir, droid! K-2S0 is a former Security Droid. He has the same “donut and two bars” back design as regular stormtroopers, but seems to have been reprogrammed by the Rebels. He will likely play a key role in infiltrating the Imperial base and letting our heroes in.
6. More glorious spreads
- Just for the heck of it, here are some more gorgeous photos that don’t tell us much. Although we do wonder what the T-70 X-wing from The Force Awakens is doing here.
new Hasbro playset Imperial hovertank from the trailer
The big mamajama itself, the Death Star
And finally, a group photo of the whole shebang.
The source itself, Rogue One: The Official Visual Story Guide, will be released on Jan. 24, 2017. This is why the leak is full of filler text and “Not Final” disclaimers. The final book will be 164 pages long and cost around $25.
Enjoy your Rogue One leak bonanza! Disney has promised we’ll hear more during Star Wars Celebration Europe in July, but for now it seems our Bothan spies have pre-empted the Disney Empire!
UPDATE: Disney has asked several sites to take down the leak, calling it “unauthorized and incorrect“.