Star Wars collectors, hold on to your wallets: Disney and Lucasfilm have just launched a new line of Star Wars memorabilia aimed at the premium segment.
Star Wars Collectibles: Ultimate Studio Edition are high-end prop replicas specially made to order. They will be crafted at Pinewood Studios, the same studio where The Force Awakens, Rogue One, and now Episode VIII are being shot.
The replicas will be made from digital scans of authentic props used in the film, and produced using 3D printing technology. They also come with custom display pedestals and wooden crates modeled after the real crates used to ship the film props.
According to Disney, even the wooden crates will be custom-tailored for the replica. You know you’re dealing with serious stuff when even the packaging itself is hand-tailored.
The initial lineup will consist of eight replicas:
- Darth Vader’s melted helmet post-Endor -$3,500 (limited to 500 units)
- Rey’s lightsaber hilt (presumably Anakin’s) – $1,250
- FN-2187’s First Order stormtrooper helmet – $1,750 (limited to 500 units)
- Kylo Ren’s helmet – $2,000
- Poe Dameron’s Black Leader helmet – $1,500
- Chewie’s bowcaster – $2,500
- Kylo Ren’s lightsaber hilt (no blade) – $1,250
- Rey’s iconic staff – $1,250
That’s substantially more than the 60 portions we’ve saved up.
The replicas themselves will be made by Propshop, a production company contracted by Pinewood Studios to produce film props for the Star Wars franchise. So start selling those Master Replicas and extra kidneys, the Ultimate Studio Editions have arrived!